All of the holes on the elevator are now drilled out to final size, and I took the nose skin off to make it easier to flip it over repeatedly.

I got the upper horn, lower horn, and horn angles attached.

Here you can see the bottom of the horn angle was filed to line up with the lower horn.

Here you can see the bottom of the horn angle was filed to line up with the lower horn.

I cut an L-angle to connect the rear of the upper and lower horns to the rear channel and to each other. I then cut and filed it flush.

I removed the trim tab channel and cut a hole for the control rod to go through. I rough cut it with aviation snips, then used a rotary file attachment to round it out, and a file to smooth it.

I also tested out the servo, rocker switch, and position indicator. I wired it up to a 6V power supply I use for electronics projects. The motor needs 12V so it was painfully slow, but everything works! Rocking the switch one way makes the rod go in, and it goes out when you rock the switch the other way.

I don’t know if it’s a design intent or not, but there are times when two bars of the LED are lit up. I’ve noticed that in the flaps and trim indicators in the Remos planes I’ve been flying, so it’s not unexpected either way.